Olympics Week Agenda

Zella Leffel, Staff Writer

Olympics week starts April 11, and it is jam packed with different activities and dress up days. The theme of the week is countries, with freshmen as Italy, sophomores as Argentina, juniors as Ireland and seniors as the USA. 

Tuesday kicks this week off with the torch run starting at 7:15 a.m. The black light assembly will take place Tuesday morning, and the powder puff football tournament will begin at 5:30 p.m.  Hoops for the Homeless, a fundraiser basketball tournament, is from 1:50 to 2:50. The dress up theme for Tuesday is Olympic athletes.

On Wednesday, highlighter paparazzi starts as soon as people are on campus, so watch out. Submissions for the photography, art and cooking competitions are due before school. At 1:50 p.m., students will compete in academic bowl. The dress up theme for Wednesday is Summer vs. Winter Olympics. 

The dodgeball tournament from 1:50 to 2:50 p.m. Thursday, the dress up theme will be anything but a backpack, so be prepared for some wacky items to fill the hall in passing period. 

Friday is field day, which begins with class feud, the school version of family feud. Students will attend different activities to earn their class Olympics points. At the end of the day during the closing assembly the final results of Olympics and the winners of the photography, art and cooking competitions will be announced. The dress up theme for Friday is class Olympics shirts, which students will need to purchase to eat at the tailgate lunch.