The Legend: Stacy Pearson

As a part of the maintenance staff and someone who oversees the work grant program, Stacy Pearson has significant influence at the school.

Abby Pace, Staff Writer

Pearson first worked at the school for seven years in the kitchen and then currently for five years as maintenance.
“My favorite part of my job is the students,” Pearson said.
One of his favorite memories at the school was meeting Laurie Sylvia, who works in the kitchen at the school.
“She is one of my favorite people. She is just a likeable person because she’s funny, full of life, and like a ray of sunshine,” Pearson said.
One of Pearson’s goals in life is to travel to all 50 states.
“I haven’t hit all. I have hit maybe 15 before I settled down in Oklahoma,” Pearson said. “I’d leave Oklahoma, come back, then I would save money. I traveled by airplane, friend, or I would drive a car. I never hitchhiked.”
He admits that one of the most reckless things he did was when he left Las Vegas in his early 20s.
“I went out there on a whim from Oklahoma,” Pearson said. “I was in Las Vegas the first time for one year at 19 and then for two years the second time at 21. I was the most reckless at the age of 21.”
He continues to say his biggest regret was not staying in Las Vegas.
“After Las Vegas I came back to Oklahoma,” Pearson said. “ The excitement attracted me the most to Las Vegas. All the hustle and bustle.”
Pearson states the scariest thing he has gone through was his trip back to Oklahoma from Las Vegas.
“There was too much air turbulence,” Pearson said. “That’s about the scariest thing I’ve gone through.”
Along with the goal of traveling, Pearson has always had the dream to own his own restaurant.
“I would serve American food, and I would own it in Oklahoma City,” Pearson said. “I don’t have that dream in mind anymore because I’m too old, but it’s never too late for me to do it. It’s never too late to do anything. I’m not going to do it because I have too much going on right now.”
Pearson hopes that in 20 years he will be able to fulfill an item on his bucket list.
“I’ve got to get to Hawaii,” Pearson said. “I want to go scuba diving, deep sea fishing, and lie on the beach.”
When asked how she would describe Pearson, senior Annemarie Edmonds, who participated in the work grant program, had much to say.
“He’s got a lot of spunk and he’s not afraid to be sassy,” Edmonds said. “He has a fun side, which is great to have at work grant because not all the people in charge have a fun side, so it doesn’t make it as miserable. He takes jokes toward himself really well.”
Lilly Pham, another senior who participated in work grant, explains the positive impact Pearson has had on her as a friend and a mentor.
“Stacy has had a big impact on my high school career!” Pham said. “He’s always there if I need a laugh or want to bug him or just need a big hug! He’s taught me that life is meant to be lived to the fullest.”
Edmonds agrees that Pearson has a positive impact on the students and school community. “Stacy Pearson is definitely a fixture at the school,” Edmonds said. “ He is a great person to be around. He adds levity to schoolwork and to work grant and to a lot of stuff. It’s nice to have that sort of presence in your life and it will be sorely missed when I go off to college.”